Monday, July 10, 2006

Homeward Bound

(6-30-06)
The last day of our trip was almost entirely consumed by traveling. Our train was 2.5 hours late getting from Ljubljana to Budapest, so by the time we arrived I barely had time to grab a quick bite to eat and catch a taxi to the airport. As I near completion of my first tour backpacking through the continent, I feel much more acclimated from when I first arrived. After finding my way around cities with currency that is less than 1/200th of a dollar, where English isn't universally spoken, and where I'm not always sure where I'll lay my head at the end of the day, returning to the comforts of Oxford should be a cinch. In the meantime, I'm already looking forward to my next opportunity to venture out past the English channel again.

No comments: